Daily Bread Devotional Headline Animator

Daily Bread Devotional

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



Your Ad Here

الأحد، 8 نوفمبر 2009

God Will Not Leave You in the Waves of Life

by Emily Schankweiler

Have you ever been to the beach and seen a small child that is scared of the waves? They desperately try to hold onto their daddy, subconsciously aware that the waves are much more powerful than they are. You can see the fear in their eyes and at times even hear their cries.

I’ve been to the beach countless times. But I’ve never seen a child that was taken out into the waves by their parent, and simply left there to drown. Why? Is it because of the child’s ability to swim like Michael Phelps? Is it because the child has the strength to hold on through the crashing waves? No. It is because their loving parent is holding on to them.

Like that small child at the beach, my Christian walk is a lot like life in the waves. Often, when in the middle of a trial, I am tempted to think that if I can conquer the “waves” and ride them like a professional surfer, I’ll be okay. But the point isn’t riding the waves – its trusting IN them. My hope is that I’m held fast in my Father’s unfailing arms, not in my ability to save myself. I’m safe not because my circumstances tell me so, I’m safe because my Father’s character doesn’t lie. Hope is found, not in conquering my fears, it’s found in trusting my Father.

Trials in my life cause me to look to my Savior for strength. And as He once again proves Himself faithful to me, the result is a deeper trust in God and a joy that goes beyond my circumstances.

In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls. (1 Peter 1:6-9)

Father, help me to trust in you. No trial in my life surprises you. And no trial is outside of your control. Thank you that you are sovereign and good and that I can trust in you, no matter what waves come.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق